Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Designer fragrances to chickens' feet

I love where I live. Right above Downtown L.A.'s Grand Central Market. You can get anything there. The place is mostly a combination of produce stalls and dry goods stands with various lunch counters sprinkled throughout. Today I went downstairs for a yummy vegetarian Thai meal. On my way through the market, I passed a falafel and kebab shop and stopped just shy of the pizza joint next to my Thai food destination. But that's not all GCM has to offer. There's a stall devoted to Chinese massage (chair and table), two bakeries, a florist, a liquor store, a deli, a coffee shop, a couple jewelry/gift/key copying spots, a currency exchange, and in the basement, a 99-cents and up store. Of course, there's also the perfume shop and the butcher.

No comments: